Rich in the splendour of its Edwardian origins yet yearning for fresh inspiration, this once-charming family home is now packed with possibilities for an exciting future. Perfectly located for an idyllic family lifestyle, the home is fringed by Kew Junction’s cosy cafés and renowned restaurants, boutique shopping, and city-bound trams, while footsteps from Kew Recreation Centre and Victoria Park, and surrounded by Melbourne’s best public and private schools.
Enveloped by high 10-foot ceilings and gleaming Baltic floors, the home reminisces its glory days with a scattering of cast-iron fireplaces, fretwork detailing, and leadlight accents. The generous layout offers easy flexibility, providing a north-facing lounge room with open fireplace and an adjacent home office, a casual family room featuring an original wood stove for slow-combustion heating, and a bright meals room with window seats for sunny relaxation. The kitchen is centrally placed for easy catering, offering a full array of appliances amid lengthy timber benches and copious storage.
Brick paving meanders through the enchanting fernery gardens, providing a lush setting for alfresco entertaining or secluded enjoyment, complemented by a large workshop for the hobbyist or artist, plus a handy garden shed. The three-bedroom, two-bathroom layout, including an ensuite to the main bedroom, is finished with a European laundry and off-street parking, delivering an enticing opportunity for a lavish renovation to restore its original charm in a modern setting.
Occupying a substantial 549m2 (approx.) allotment, this unencumbered site is zoned as General Residential 1 with no planning overlays, inspiring extravagant designs for a luxurious new home or townhouse development (subject to council approval) in a coveted family locale.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY;
We ask that you strictly observe the following conditions of entry:
• Patrons attending advertised Inspections must show proof of full vaccination before entering,
• If you are not fully vaccinated, you will need to arrange a private inspection with the agent,
• Please maintain social distancing of 1.5m,
• If feeling unwell, particularly if you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, please refrain from attending the property,
• Do not attend if you are experiencing cold/flu like symptoms, or have been exposed to a COVID-19 site in the past 14 days,
• Do not attend if you have tested positive to Coronavirus,
• Please wear face masks indoors and check in using the supplied Government QR Code.
VIEWING TIMES are subject to cancellation/change 3 hours prior to the open for inspection.
We advise that you check the listing on the day, to ensure that the property is still available prior to inspection to avoid disappointment..